I had a weird problem today with my VPN connection: when I was connected, my Cisco VPN client seemed to block all other HTTP connections. Skype & Yahoo! Messenger were working but all HTTP(S) connections on both browsers (Chrome & FF) were down. Which is extremely weird and I couldn’t pinpoint to the core of the problem.
So I did what any responsible IT person would do: googled. But I couldn’t find anything relevant. One article suggested going to “Modify » Transport” and check the “Allow Local LAN Access”. Which I did but didn’t work.
So I started playing with the network settings and at some point I got it working by changing the DNS servers to 220.127.116.11 – Google’s DNS. While I’m not sure what cause the problem or if this is the right solution, I’m posting it here so maybe it will work for somebody else.